(AIM: SAR)

19 December 2013

SAREUM HOLDINGS PLC

 

(“Sareum” or the “Company”)

 

Issue of Options

The Company announces that it has granted the following share options (the “Options”) to Tim Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer, John Reader, Chief Scientific Officer and Paul Harper, Non-Executive Chairman (together, the “Directors”);

 

Number of options

Tim Mitchell

4,752,000

John Reader

4,752,000

Paul Harper

810,000

The Options have been granted with an exercise price of 0.6 pence and are exercisable until 18 December 2023.

Of the Options granted to each Director, 34% will vest immediately, with the remaining 66% vesting subject to pre-determined performance criteria.

In addition to the Options being granted, Tim Mitchell and John Reader currently each hold the following options:

Exercise period

Number of options

Exercise price

4 December 2009 - 4 December 2019

6,400,000

0.25 pence

22 December 2010 - 22 December 2020

6,153,846

0.26 pence

13 March 2012 - 13 March 2022

2,566,666

1.2 pence

Enquires:

Sareum Holdings plc

 

Tim Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer

01223 497 700

Sanlam Securities UK Limited (Nominated Adviser)

 

Simon Clements

020 7628 2200

Hybridan LLP (Broker)

 

Claire Noyce / William Lynne

020 7947 4350 / 4361

The Communications Portfolio (Media enquiries)

 

Ariane Comstive
ariane.comstive@communications-portfolio.co.uk

 

020 7536 2028 / 2029

Notes for editors:

About Sareum Holdings plc

Sareum is a drug discovery and development company, headquartered in Cambridge UK, that produces targeted small molecule therapeutics, focusing on cancer and autoimmune disease. Sareum aims to successfully deliver drug candidates for licensing to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies at the pre-clinical or early clinical trials stage.

Sareum operates an outsourced research model, working with collaborators (SRI International, the CRT Pioneer Fund and Hebei Medical University Biomedical Engineering Center) and a world-wide network of research providers.  Its research pipeline includes two programmes undergoing pre-clinical IND-enabling studies.

SKIL® (Sareum Kinase Inhibitor Library) is Sareum's drug discovery technology platform that has so far produced the Company's Aurora+FLT3, Aurora+ALK, VEGFR-3, FLT3 & TYK2 kinase cancer and auto-immune disease research programmes. SKIL® can also generate drug research programmes against other kinase targets.

For further information, please visit www.sareum.co.uk